Job Title: Mechanical/HVAC Engineer
Job Location: CT
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Mechanical Engineering
program, have a minimum of 5 years of experience with a firm designing HVAC systems, have strong oral
and written communication skills, understand computer programs such as Trane TRACE, Word, Excel and
AutoCAD and have passed the Engineer in Training examination.
Provide MEP Design/Engineering for Commercial, Industrial, and Residential buildings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of designing building HVAC systems. Experience
with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus.
• Calculate heating and cooling loads for building systems using computer programs, and energy
• Survey the existing mechanical systems for buildings.
• Design duct distribution and mechanical systems.
• Select, specify and layout mechanical equipment such as pumps, chillers, fans and boilers.
• Utilization of Energy Consumption and LEED experience.
• Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction.
• Coordinate with other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Architecture/Engineering Technology.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) required, Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
• LEED Green Associate or LEED AP a plus but not required.
• Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
• Experience with Revit MEP.
• Experience in the design, layout, and analysis for HVAC and Plumbing Systems for buildings.
• Knowledge of NY, CT, NJ, and NYC - Energy, Fuel Gas, Mechanical and Plumbing Codes.
• Ability to visit construction and project sites and comply with all safety codes and requirements.
Other Job Information