Job Title: Construction Coordinators
Job Location: VA - Richmond
Construction Coordinators are responsible for coordinating and managing all construction-related activities
with the understanding and potential to work after-hours and some weekends in order to get the work done
safely, on schedule, and within budget.
Practical Application of Responsibilities:
• Travel to a client’s location in or around Richmond, Virginia on a daily basis.
• At least 8+ years’ experience in a mechanical trade (millwright, mechanic, pipefitter, welder, etc.)
within an industrial environment is a plus.
• Write Scopes of Work (SOW) for small-scale utility projects.
• Act as primary client contact for all project-field activities.
• Lead the construction team through the duration of construction, testing and commissioning of
• Able to walk significantly and climb multiple flights of stairs throughout the day.
• Work with the Project Team and hold responsibility to safeguard the overall project schedule and
• Monitor contractors for safe working practices to ensure compliance with all applicable safety
regulations. Knowledge of Construction Safety OSHA 1926 is a plus.
• Conduct site meetings, dealing with Contractor(s) work progress, schedule reviews, and construction
• Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with safety first, design, budget and schedule,
accounting requirements, and quality standards.
• Communicate with appropriate stakeholders involved in projects to ensure mutual understanding of
requirements, resources, progress and barriers.
• Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications.
• Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost, scheduling, and performance.
• Responsible for ensuring contractors embrace Progressive Design, Inc. and Client core values.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with supervising heavy industrial construction projects and
• Self-motivated and self-driven.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Strong organizing, planning, prioritization and time management skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Other Job Information