Job Title: Civil/Structural Engineering Department Manager
Job Location: MN - Minneapolis
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Civil/Structural Engineering
Department Manager located in our Minneapolis, MN, office. The right candidate will
have a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, preferably with P.E.
registration, and at least 15 years of experience. Must have experience with and be
proficient in the design of steel and concrete structures for heavy industrial
facilities. This individual will lead staff and must have good client communication,
coordination, and presentation capabilities as well as diverse project management
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years experience required.
- P.E. registration preferred but not required.
- Must have experience managing a diverse team.
- Must be experienced with and proficient in the design of steel and concrete
structures for heavy industrial facilities.
- Experience with structural analysis software packages and proficient with
STAADPRO or similar program.
- Experience in heavy industrial projects such as food process, specialty chemical,
pulp & paper, power, cement, manufacturing etc. is a plus. Primary function will be
design work for these types of projects.
- Some client interface will be expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with an engineering consulting firm is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Interpret specifications and investigate problems.
- Establish detailed designs and performance specifications to fulfill the
requirements of assigned general specifications for components, systems,
- Recommend changes in plans and estimates costs when necessary.
- Coordinate work schedules and prepare progress reports.
- Provides technical leadership to teams of professional and non-professional staff.
- Works under own direction and interfaces directly with the client.
Other Job Information
Salary Range: $115K