Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: NY - NewYork
The client seeks a results-oriented Network Engineer to play a major role in the
implementation and on-going support of a Novell Netware environment. This
successful candidate will also support the networking needs of all campus units.
- Trouble-Shoot, Maintain and Optimize the existing Backup System.
- Assume the Primary Role in developing, implementing and maintaining ZEN and
establishing a full implementation of its feature set.
- Assist in Trouble-Shooting, Maintaining and Optimizing the Campus-Wide Novell
Network on a daily basis.
- 5 years minimum experience a must.
- Certified Netware Engineer (Netware 6.x or higher) and experience with ZEN a
- Prior Novell Administration Experience with large and distributed eDirectory
- Strong experience with enterprise level backup software and hardware, including
- Experience with enterprise level anti-virus system, preferably Symantec Anti-
- Solid understanding of Network design and modeling.
- Experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server technology and architecture.
- Prior experience with Novell Identity Manager a plus.
- Work with a closely knit team and yet be able to make decisions and function
independently when the need arises.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems
- Excellent technical skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of project planning and strong commitment to successful project
- Knowledge of Infrastructure and Ethernet Wiring practices
- Experience with Visio
- Occasional Weekend or Evening work
Other Job Information
City: New York
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000